American, and French Army Campsites 35 (south) and 19 (north), at Spurriers Tavern
Units: Bourbonnois, Soissonnois, Saintonge, Royal Deux-Ponts Regiments of Infantry plus regimental artillery and Lauzun's Legion consecutively
Destination: Yorktown, Virginia (Continental Army and French Infantry) and Gloucester Courthouse (Lauzun's hussars) in 1781, Crompond/Yorktown Heights, New York and from there to Boston, Massachusetts (French infantry) and winter quarters in Wilmington, Delaware (Lauzun hussars)
Date: September 16/17, 1781, and July 23-26, 1782
Public Access: Yes
Former site of Spurriers Tavern. Spurriers Tavern was significant as a supply and resting point for the Continental Army. French infantry camped here on September 16/17, 1781, their thirty-fifth camp since departure from their first camp in Providence, Rhode Island, on June 18, 1781. They encamped here again on July 23-26, 1782, their nineteenth camp since departure from Williamsburg, Virginia, on July 1, 1782.