- Extensive experience as an Office Administrator and Computer Specialist to include Manager and Supervisor with the Department of Defense and private industry.
- Served in numerous positions requiring the ability to perform diversified tasks in a timely manner with little or no supervision
- Studies toward Computer Information Systems Degree, University of Maryland, Upper Heyford, England
- Marshall Real Estate School, Passed Virginia Real Estate Exam
- Studies toward Liberal Arts Degree, University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 2015 to Present Retired / Community Activities Volunteer
- 2009 to 2015 Owner of Herbalife Distributorship, Yorktown Virginia 8/09-Present
Started the Herbalife business more for self and family improvement. Currently, available for consultation. I am not actively expanding the business.
- 2006 to 2009 Part-time employment with York County Chamber of Commerce,
Hired to establish an Administrative Office. Duties/responsibilities included establish policies and procedures; administrative office files; procedures to process mail, accounts receivable, account payable, collections, monthly reports, phone, email, and correspondence inquiries, about the Chamber and York County. Develop and distribute Welcome Letter and Packets, Chamber Brochures for business membership, New Businesses, and visitors. Develop relationships with Board members to coordinate Chamber Events, Networking Groups, Educational Seminars and be the first to meet and greet business owners and visitors at all functions. Prepare agendas and minutes and attend/participate in Executive Board (5) and Board of Directors (21) meetings as non-voting member. Membership of Chamber – approximate 300 businesses.
- 1996 to Present Temporary/Part-time employment (Headway Staffing, Hampton
Virginia) and Community Activities, Yorktown, Virginia
To maintain high level of office administrative skills, currently working as Work-as-required employee for the County of York. Positions held include temporary work with Headway Corporate Staffing services, Supervisor of Night Shift for Christopher Newport University
Library, Events Coordinator/Registrar, Air Force Association Langley Chapter/The Boeing Company; Secretary, MITRE Corporation; Secretary, Star Mountain Inc.; Executive Secretary, Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation, Outreach Education Office; and Computer Specialist Goodwill Industries. Community Volunteer activities include Newsletter Editor, Grafton High School Ban Parents Association; Board member; Tabb High School Band Parents Assoc.; and, Member, Yorktown Fourth of July Celebration Committee 1997 – 2009, currently Vice-Chair Admin/Fundraising Coordinator. Member of the York County Historical Committee, 2002-Present; York County Sesquicentennial Committee; Volunteer for York County Historical Museum, Celebrate Yorktown Committee, APVA Committee Yorktown and Senior Center. Experienced in organizational management, long and short-term planning, budgeting scheduling, and activity and special event coordination.
- 1999 to Present Ministry Experience and Life’s Calling, Yorktown, Virginia
Steward for Administration for the Popular Assembly of Living Your Sole Purpose and Overseer for the Popular Assembly for Amazing Grace. Administrative support to create and administration for the church. Administrative support for travel, lodging, classroom set up for Basic, Advance classes on corporation sole and Sacred Sounds. Taught classes on corporation sole, biblical ministries, and spiritual sovereignty. Spiritual support for fellowship of 1000 church ministers/stewards.
- 1973 to 1996 Federal Civil Service, Department of Defense
- 1993 to 1996 USAF, ACC/CSS Langley AFB, Computer Specialist/Programmer
Team Leader and Technical Advisor for all matters relating to DoD combat computer systems. Team Leader, responsible for operations testing, data collection, and data analysis of all DoD service combat computer systems. Extensive use of Windows 95 applications to perform data analysis
- 1987 to 1992 USA, HQ Berlin Germany, US Army Hospital and Office of the Staff
Judge Advocate, Computer Specialist
Information Management Officer. Systems Administrator for all Data Processing support. Installed PC equipment. Maintained computer security on individual PCs and networks. Conducted PC applications training for JAG, USA Hospital and other command-level personnel. Evaluated and recommended changes for office administration systems and equipment. Established policies and procedures for office administration.
- 1985 to 1987 USAF, Upper Heyford UK, Procurement Clerk
Responsible for initial processing, periodic reviews, tracking all payments and general contract administrative support for over 500 contract valued 150-200 million dollars. Responsible for general management of work flow within the office, preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and maintenance of audit, modifications, terminations and pricing logs.
- 1984 to 1985 USAF, ISS/DCSC, Langley AFB, Clerk Typist
Word processing Document Center for Computer Squadron. Extensive use of Wang Word processor for regulations, manuals, flowcharts, engineering charts and drawings.
- 1983 to 1984 USAF Base Contracting Office, USAF Academy CO, Secretary
Responsible for initial processing and maintenance of office files, documentation, forms and publications, DAR, FAR and DoD, USAF and USAF Academy Supplements. Responsible for typing coded abstracts, complete purchase orders, delivery orders, and modifications in support of 23 purchasing agents.
- 1979 to 1983 USAF Curriculum & Scheduling Services, Education Technician/ Data
Responsible for academic classroom facility scheduling for staff agencies, conferences, special activities and academic departments. Responsible for scheduling academic classes for 4500 cadets, semester and final exams, summer schedule, military training schedules.
- 1974 to 1979 USAF Department of History, Education Technician
Administrative support for 36 History instructors course materials, exam materials, interdepartmental activities, and the biennial International History Symposium. Office management to include departmental files, cadets records, interaction with Curriculum & Scheduling Services, other departments, AF organizations, and DoD agencies.
- Security Clearance: Secret (expired 1996)
- References upon request.