Department Chair for Technology Education and Family and Consumer Science. Focused on building connections with students to strengthen engagement and help each reach full potential. Knowledgeable about planning activities, field trips and projects to diversify instruction and immerse students in assigned subject material. Bringing 37 years of experience in education and leadership skills.
* Team leadership
* Enthusiastic presentation of information
* Respectful team liaison with students and peers
* Multitasking- project management
* Verbal communication
* Time Management
* Budget- finance
Oxon Hill High School
Teacher Oxon Hill, MD
- • Created and enforced child-based hands-on curriculum to promote student interest and receptive learning.
- • Established positive relationships with students, parents, fellow teachers and school administrators.
- • Identified and documented learning achievements by reporting outcomes, performance information and program adjustments used to boost comprehension.
LaPlata High School
Teacher LaPlata, MD
- • Collaborated with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning and student engagement.
- • Created lesson plans in accordance with state curriculum and school-wide curriculum standards.
- • Delivered informative lectures to engage students and teach concepts.
Education and Training
George Washington University
Master of Arts: Education and Human Development
University of Maryland – College Park
Bachelor of Science: College of Human Ecology
College Park, MD
* Department Chair- Technology Education/ Family and Consumer Science
* Advisor – National Technical Honor Society
* Advisor- DECA- A Marketing Education National Organization
* Certified Teaching Instructor for TAM- Teacher Academy of Maryland through Towson University
* Vice President/ President- Delta Kappa Gamma
*Board Chairperson- Charles County Nursing Home
* National Society Daughters of the American Revolution- Chairperson of the Historical Preservation Committee
* Friends of Stagg Hall in Port Tobacco, MD
* Vice President/ President – Swan Point Women’s Golf Association
* Secretary / Executive Board member- Maryland Veterans Museum at Patriot Park
* Exhibit Committee- Maryland Veterans Museum at Patriot Park- Develop historical, accurate and informative exhibits to teach history
* Vice Chairperson- W3R- Maryland
* Chairperson- Education Committee- W3R- US